My friend is having a baby in June so I knit and sewed a few things up!
By - brittneyaa
I created this little capsule wardrobe for the soon to be baby. The knitted patterns used are [Perfect Newborn Socks](https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/perfect-newborn-socks), [Flax Light](https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flax-light), and [Tiriltunge Newborn Onesie, Nyfødtbody](https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tiriltunge-newborn-onesie-nyfdtbody) (with short sleeves modification). Yarn used is Universal Yarn Bamboo Pop in Sage and Denim. All were great to knit up!
EDIT: I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the kind comments and awards! I appreciate it very much.
I've had a few people ask, so if you are interested in the sewing patterns I have posted them here! https://www.reddit.com/r/sewing/comments/npe8xk/my\_friend\_is\_having\_a\_baby\_in\_june\_so\_i\_created\_a/
**PATTERN:** [Perfect Newborn Socks](http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/perfect-newborn-socks) by [Tabitha Gandee](http://www.ravelry.com/designers/tabitha-gandee)
* Category: Accessories > Feet / Legs > Socks > Mid-calf
* Photo(s): [Img 1](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/awesomesocks/611223592/Perfect_Newborn_Socks_v1.0_medium.jpg) [Img 2](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/tinylaser/632154469/upload_medium) [Img 3](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/asereTTeresa/614383921/upload_medium) [Img 4](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/HappyHomemaker05/622597756/upload_medium) [Img 5](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/angporgar/621629423/20190425_095620_medium.jpg)
* Price: Free
* Needle/Hook(s):US 1 - 2.25 mm
* Weight: Fingering | Gauge: 9.0 | Yardage: 40
* Difficulty: 2.45 | Projects: 1432 | Rating: 4.85
**PATTERN:** [Flax Light](http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flax-light) by [tincanknits](http://www.ravelry.com/designers/tincanknits)
* Category: Clothing > Sweater > Pullover
* Photo(s): [Img 1](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/tincanknits/338183095/SC-flaxlight-07a_medium.jpg) [Img 2](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/tincanknits/338184856/SC-flaxlight-10a_medium.jpg) [Img 3](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/tincanknits/338183079/SC-flaxlight-08a_medium.jpg) [Img 4](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/tincanknits/338183084/SC-flaxlight-06a_medium.jpg) [Img 5](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/tincanknits/338183078/SC-flaxlight-09a_medium.jpg)
* Price: Free
* Needle/Hook(s):US 2 - 2.75 mm, US 5 - 3.75 mm
* Weight: Fingering | Gauge: 24.0 | Yardage: 300
* Difficulty: 2.31 | Projects: 10622 | Rating: 4.75
**PATTERN:** [Tiriltunge Newborn Onesie, Nyfødtbody](http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tiriltunge-newborn-onesie-nyfdtbody) by [Shja](http://www.ravelry.com/designers/shja)
* Category: Clothing > Onesies
* Photo(s): [Img 1](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/shja/390633623/IMG_6411_medium.JPG) [Img 2](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/shja/552342857/IMG_6551_medium.JPG) [Img 3](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/shja/552341967/IMG_6637_medium.JPG) [Img 4](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/shja/552341708/IMG_6636_medium.JPG) [Img 5](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/shja/552341991/fullsizeoutput_2ac5_medium.jpeg)
* Price: 50.0 NOK
* Needle/Hook(s):US 2½ - 3.0 mm, US 1½ - 2.5 mm
* Weight: Fingering | Gauge: 27.0 | Yardage: 328
* Difficulty: 4.92 | Projects: 925 | Rating: 4.44
[Im seeking feedback on new features!](https://www.reddit.com/r/knitting/comments/9q0y2v/meta_seeking_feedback_on_potential_new_features/) | *I found this post by myself! [Opt-Out](https://goo.gl/forms/0B8m4Ra8czpw4gzw1) | [About Me](https://github.com/TN-1/LinkRav_Bot/wiki) | [Contact Maintainer](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=randomstonerfromaus)*
I’m making the same onesie and also want it to have short sleeves! How long did you make them?
Cuteness overload! You did an amazing job! I love the little onesie with the buttons :)
Thanks so much!
Those pajamas are soooo cute!!! And the sweater and onesie are adorable. I have a fear of sewing with knits (totally unjustified). I have knits and I have a serger and all I have to do is “do it!”
I’m in awe! So, so cute!!!! Great job!
Yeah! you can do it! Definitely try it out on a baby sized thing, less fabric if you do mess up, but I'm sure you won't. I'm sure if I can do it, so can you!
Can you share the patterns for sewing? I knit but my girlfriend sews so maybe I will rope her into a baby set with me!
Yeah! I actually posted it on r/sewing as well and listed all of the patterns: https://www.reddit.com/r/sewing/comments/npe8xk/my_friend_is_having_a_baby_in_june_so_i_created_a/
Oh my gosh the little socks 😭❤️
Those matching tiny baby socks are sending me right now 😍
You Are so Talente and your friend is lucky to have you!
You are a good friend! I just had a baby boy and I’m swooning over that little sweater and onsie! So well done, good job! Brb casting on a baby sweater...
Wow! Lucky friend!
So much cuteness!!! Those teeny tiny socks!! The whole ensemble is just adorable!! Your friend better appreciate these!! Tell them if not fully appreciated a random internet stranger will wag their finger at them and write a strongly worded letter!! 🤣🤣🤣
Those tiny lil socks!
So in love with everything! I may try my hand at sewing some baby clothes for our soon-to-be, these are too cute!
Do it! It was so much fun. I'm still a beginner sewer and it helped me learn a lot, it's all the same techniques just smaller and quicker!
I had a baby in April. Want to be friends?
You’re a good friend! Those are so adorable. I know she will treasure them.
These are beautiful. I wish I could do this.
woaaahhh amazing set!!!!!!!
Wow, lucky friend!!!
Such amazing items! Baby sure will be spoiled!
Gorgeous!! I want to tackle that on or so bad. I had a dream I had a baby girl the other night so i decided to cast in a Flax Light.
Definitely not Prego, but dream baby will appreciate it
Maybe you should cast one on for yourself! It was a fun knit, I think I might make myself one haha
Oh no. No no no. I have two garments on the needles and they MUST get done lol. Baby knits are good to cleanse my palette every once and a while.
Hah! I feel that, I have five projects on my needles right now, I usually try to only keep two or three, oops!
Oh there’s 10 WIPs in this house. Two garments, two test knits, two or three shawls, and socks for days. Not also including weaving, needle felting, and a punch needle rug.
Mistakes were made
Sounds pretty wonderful!
That is the most adorable photo ever. Clever you!
I’ve been eying that onesie pattern for awhile now! How hard would you say it was to make? Being seamless makes me a bit nervous honestly, I’m not the best knitter.
I didn't find it too difficult, but I have done a few seamless sweaters. As long as you can do increases, decreases, and yarn overs you're good to go! It's worked flat and you just put the sleeves on hold while you continue the body. My only issue was that I didn't read properly and did the back decreases on the front! But I just ripped back and all was well. That's the beautiful thing about knitting, you can always rip it out and try again if you don't get it quite right the first time, and you'll have learned something in the process!
Wow you are an awesome friend and a blessing! All I know how to knit are scarves and hats so every winter that's what my family and friends get. I want to start knitting sweaters but they seem so hard. Are small baby ones easier than big adult ones?
If you can make a hat, you can make a sweater! The Flax sweater would be a perfect one to learn with. Baby ones aren't necessarily easier, but they are smaller and quicker and if you make a mistake it's less to rip back, so they're
great for learning! I would say absolutely you should give it a go! The best thing about knitting is that you can just rip the yarn out and try it again if something goes awry.
Thanks for the advice!
So thoughtful and so cute!
What a beautiful set!
Awwh. This is absolutely adorable
I love the colours of yarn and patterns on the fabric. But the socks! Adorable!
Amazing. You are so talented and a great friend by the looks of things haha
This is amazing. I can’t stop staring! Can you share the sewing patterns too?
I've posted this over on r/sewing as well and listed the patterns: https://www.reddit.com/r/sewing/comments/npe8xk/my\_friend\_is\_having\_a\_baby\_in\_june\_so\_i\_created\_a/
Oh perfect. I missed that post. Thanks!
Those all look amazing!
Fyi, the Tiriltunge onsie has a matching hat pattern too!
Yeah it totally does! And a pullover sweater in the same collection. All super cute!
Just the cutest :-)
These are absolutely amazing, they look so professional!! 😍😍