By - Avionics_lad
Pre-expansion there isn't much to do:
* max out custom deliveries so you can use bonus when leveling to 90 later on
* stack some materia so you have something if you get level 90 gear with meld options (there likely will be newer materia but stilll... or no-meld scrip gear)
* You can do the "I found that ... VII" for botany and mining to get a nice glowing tool (and high level at that)
* If you are low on crystals and crystal clusters you can look at getting some
* When EW launches you want to do GC daily turn ins for exp
* When EW launches start collecting EW treasure maps each day
When EW launches there will be no Exarchic nor Aesthete gear set-alikes for some time. It will start low and slowly move up.
Nice little laundry list of things to keep me occupied. I didn't think about loading up on deliveries and GC
Custom Deliveries are handy for professions using harder to come by resources like LW/Alchemy and sometimes weaver while GC exp scales hard with craft level. If you get a star for a given job then it's like 30+ mil in SHB level range from one HQ item.
You can either farm the books out now while there's downtime because you don't really want to be farming out old content during the first weeks of a new expansion if you can help it. It's your sub though, do what you want.
The white scrip gear will be plenty to level DoH/DoL from 80-90 so I suggest farming out full sets - unless you plan on just purchasing Aesthete gear.
Is it worth farming the books for older content I clouding SB? Do the materials carry over sometimes?
They do not carry over. I personally completed my gathering log because I wanted the resplendent tools. If you don't plan on crafting neat stuff then I don't suggest worrying about folklore books.